Friday, January 26, 2007

There is Such Thing as a Free Lunch

Sittin' at the Coffee Shop Gallery right now. Marcia is across from me, fighting with InSite. I mention her because I guess, if you have a blog, you have to mention every single person you spent time with that day. And Annie, thanks for the Diet Coke you gave me earlier today. It really hit the spot. I hope your office hours are going well. I'll have to try having them at home, in my pajamas, too, someday. And thank you, mailman, for bringing me a W2 today. And Bridge, thank you for getting un-mad at me before you left for the day. I gave you plenty of reasons to stay mad at me, but you were the better person.

As usual.

I should be preparing a lesson plan right now, but I like to meander. And, I'm a little obsessed with my blog.

Today is my lucky day. One of the cute coffee shop guys brought over our order, and set down a sandwich in front of me. I didn't order any sandwich but he was like, "Oh. Well, then. Congratulations."

Sweet. I'll just eat 89 meals today. Basically, if I could eat 24 hours a day, that would rock my world.

This sandwich is a spicy mother. My face is flushed and I'm sucking down my iced tea. It's gettin Hot in Herre. Some people say "ice tea," but I just don't think that's right.

I love all my friends. I say we all pool our money, buy a gigantic house, build a huge deck off of it, and live together. It would be the mos' def place in town. Who's in?

I'm a tad hungover today--mostly tired, and my head feels a little, as my friend Matty says, "stingy." When I feel this way, I am in the mood to fight. I kinda hope creepster camera dude comes in--I've 2 tickets to the gun show for him. ("I was just getting my workout in for the day. I don't know if you heard me counting, I did over a thousand.")

(I think there's a group of lesbians a few tables over from us, and they have some kids with them! Totally awesome! Or, I suppose, they could just be typical midwest moms with dyke-y haircuts. Seriously, if I didn't know my mom and all my aunts, I would probably think they were lesbians simply by their haircuts.)

My mouth has finally cooled off.

Oy, I've got to stop writing. Enough! I know, I know, Katy. Even I find myself tiresome.

Happy Friday, bizzos!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am totally in on the whole house thing. After I bought you lunch, I have $50 to put towards it. Anyone else?

Thanks for the shout-out. I am glad you are finally figuring out that I am a bit of an attention whore.

P.S. My mom has dyke-y haircut too. I keep telling her she should try a lady. I almost got her to go to a gay pride bash in Bismarck. She did not go because she was afraid I would get a girlfriend. (Sorry mom!) Jeez, maybe I should get my own blog.

Anonymous said...

Hey Marcia, I think you might want to rephrase "gay pride BASH" just a thought.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for pointing that out Bridge. I thought I was being all cool. I guess I shouldn't try to be what I ain't.

Anonymous said...

Hey You're cool, don't sweat it! Check you later!