Sunday, April 01, 2007

I Saw the Light, Lord, I Saw the Light

So, Palm Sunday mass would have been unbearable had I not sat behind Tommy, the coolest 3 year old I know. Today, Tommy's mop of sandy blond hair was cowlicked everywhere and he had on an all-blue outfit. He's always up to something and he kept me entertained throughout the Passion Play (think JC Superstar minus the catchy songs and flaming King Herod). I heart Tommy.

All in all, I had an amazing weekend. On Friday, I got to listen to the whole damn band. Miller Lite with green olives coupled with thumping old timey gospel? Um, heaven.

On Saturday, I dragged AH to Yankton with me to rummage through fab antique stores (ok, not really dragged; in fact, I knew she would totally want to go). I love antiquing in Yankton. I love old things--green and blue tinted bottles, kitschy salt and pepper shakers, rusted license plates. Yes sir. Love it. It's like my eyes weren't even big enough to take in the miles of antiques. We probably could have spent days turning over pottery and glass vases, but they closed at 5.

When I got home on Saturday, my house was cold and lonely so I cleaned like a madwoman. Then, I was in clean, cold, and lonely house. Anarcia invited me over and after a half glass of white wine, I wrapped myself up in a blanket and slept there all night long. They took pity on me. Thanks, Anarcia.

After church today, I helped Berkowitz and other Vtown hippies start buillding the community garden. We dug up topsoil and built garden plots all afternoon. It was totally rockin AND I got to get my gear on. You know I love me some gear. The commnunity garden is behind the WAC VAC, so go check it out. It is really taking shape today and I'm totally pumped to work more on it. My delts are gonna be huge, man. Well, that's what my bro-han thinks happens everytime I pick up a shovel.

And, now, headlights just swept through the living room, which means only one thing:

The Bridge is Back.

Yay!

No comments: