Tuesday, May 08, 2007

9:30 on a Tuesday Night

Fourteen nights ago, I had a really terrible dream. It was awful. Bloody and lonely and sad.

Twelve days ago, Bridget came home and handed me a turquoise bag. Inside was a Dreamcatcher.

I hung it on my side of the bed.

I have been sleeping well since.

___________________________________________

Tonight, we grilled. Rather, Bridge grilled marinated chicken breasts and corn on the cob while I read the latest issue of "Reader's Digest" as the sun dropped. Dinner was lovely--we ate outside and had big bowls of fresh fruit for dessert.

Tonight, I learned how to moonwalk. It was the opposite of how I thought one would moonwalk. I am going to practice every night until the next musical extravaganza.

Tonight, I have three and a half more final portfolios to grade, but my bike is calling me. Last night, I rode by all of your houses and sent good thoughts. Did you catch them?


This is my new favorite song:

Fall on me
Tell me everything you want me to be
Forever with you
Forever in me
Ever the same
Call on me
I'll be there for you and you'll be there for me
Forever it's you
Forever in me
Ever the same

5 comments:

BrontoJem said...

I thought your favorite song was "Can I Check You for Ticks?"

Jeez, make up your mind.

Lu said...

I'd like to see you, out in the moonlight,
I'd like to kiss you way back in the sticks.
I'd like to walk you through a field of wildflowers,
And I'd sure like to check you for ticks.


How could you notlove that?

Thanks for study break/ice cream chowdown, friend.

LXA said...

I love that song too! Do you have his album?? It's a great one!! If you don't, lemme know and I'll burn you a copy :)

ps- I hope it's okay that I'm reading and commenting on your blog.

Anonymous said...

Hey L!

No, I don't have that album, but would love for your burn me a copy. :)

ps--I totally love that you read/comment on my blog, but where is yours? I want to be in the know!

BrontoRen said...

Dreamcatchers work, but they may make astral projection a bit harder. That is the sacrifice you must make.