Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Heart of Things

I heart my smarty-pants students who care about the stuff we read, who go and find stuff on cummings and Williams and Alexie and bring it into our class discussion.

I heart my course evals, even when I have to fill out confusing items about positive and negative impacts on learning.

I heart the brown skirt I borrowed from Bridgie today cuz it's super-cute.

I heart salary.

I heart the last real week of teaching, the last peer review, the last vocab quiz, the last roll call, the last reflective assignment.

I heart my fun office.

I heart the poem "i carry your heart"

I heart, I heart, I heart.

3 comments:

LXA said...

I heart you! :)

Is that picture on the homepage from No. Dak? It's super awesome.

I had the idea last year of going around and taking pictures of old abandoned barns. Maybe this year it will happen.

Lu said...

Aww, thanks lxa!! Right back at you, baby.

Yes, I took this pic this fall at home--it's an old homestead about 3 miles from our farm.

I used to play in it when I was a kid--you couldn't pay me to set foot in it now.

The Dakotas almost scream for you to take photos of their emptied buildings--I've always had this idea for a book ...

superbigmuch said...

We superbigmuch heart you, Linda Orbatch!

Many years back a friend and I wanted to publish a coffee table book of polebarns. People do some damn fine interesting things with those utility buildings, man.