Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Oh, and also...

It's gray outside today and I, too, am a little gray. I am having a fight with my neighbor about his parking antics, but not a verbal fight. It is taking all of my willpower not to accidentally run the lawnmower up the passenger side of his SUV. I also feel like I am having all sorts of nonverbal fights with all sorts of people, and it's worn me down, like a road, like Rachel Yamagata says.

I am also missing the water.

I am also about 11 pounds from the goal I set about 14 months ago (I know it's obnoxi to talk about this, but I'm gonna), but the scale needle has not moved in months. I am the definition of plateau. I am also a huge fan of good food.

I am also a little:

anxious about the new school year
excited to meet new students
hoping the new students don't suck
dreading NoDesire2Learn


I also kind of need glasses, according to my first eye appointment in 10 years. This is fine, mostly, because I am a sucker for new, cute accessories. But trying on all those pairs yesterday made me feel a little old. Also, my brother called me a school marm.

Which is mostly fine, too.

No comments: