Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Bridgies say the darndest things ...

While driving to Hy-Vee late last night to get candy for the bunch of ingrates I call my students and spotting a group lounging on the Speedee Mart curb:

Me: Oh God, there's that dude, what's his name? Roberto? Rodriguez?
Bridge: Albert. And he's sitting with those married lesbians. That one drives a car that you like, a yellow Scion or whatever.
Me: Oh God! I don't want to be a stereotype!
Bridge: Too late.

On the gigantic hybrid pigeon/doves that have been hanging out under our bird feeder:

Bridge: Look at them! They don't belong here! They're unnatural!
Me: Bridgie, some people say that about us!

On subtly admitting that she may have lost our only pair of scissors and handing me a 10 dollar bill before I head to Target with Beemer:

Bridge: Here. Buy yourself some nice scissors. She laughs and laughs.
Me: Grrr...

While thinking aloud that I should douse myself in NyQuil to get some sleep:

Bridge: Yes. Take NyQuil. Lots of it.

On the new allowance of gays and lesbians to marry in Iowa:

Bridge: Sooo ... wanna meet me in Sioux City this week? At the courthouse? Wear something nice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys are so cute.......can I come to SC with you.....I'll buy shots after..... d

Lu said...

Absolutely, Dave!! :)