I am building gardens:
On all sides of my house. I'm turning over dirt and planting all sorts of green things --things I don't even know the names of-- and watching them grow and vine and climb and burst. I don't live on a farm anymore, so most nights, I just walk the back 40 (yards)of the lawn and do a survey. Drive by any night at about 10 pm and you'll most likely find me on the front sidewalk, hands on hips, looking things over. I used to walk the scoria road that looped through the farm; now I walk cracked driveways. The feeling, though, is the same.
I am making new friends:
And I like it a lot.
I am buying a new car:
Most days, I hate my car because it's just one thing after another. Minor, tiny things, mostly, but after putting in a new windshield 10 months ago, do I really want to put in another one because of a semi and a thrown rock? And usually, some light burns out. And when it rains, my car squeals. And on the second Thursday of every 30-dayed month, my car probably needs new sparkplugs. I shouldn't be so hard on it, as it's taken me out of one rocky relationship and into a gentler one, driven me through the bulk of the Midwestern states, and has had my entire life packed into it more than once. But, I want something newer and better and different. It may be a red car. Inferno red.
I am walking home for dinner:
See you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
your gardens look great and i'll totes take you up on the test drive. weezy has some incredible negotiation skills.
So glad you met with my dad-o! he called to tell me what a wonderful, kind woman you are and that you got the car you wanted. I hope it works out well!
Shannon,
Your dad was great, and the whole experience was fantastic. I came home with a "Dan Good" car! :) He gushed about you the whole time.
Thanks again for the help!
Plants! Plant plants! Green and growing and lovely! Hooray! Who needs a lawn?
Post a Comment