Thursday, October 08, 2009

Home Stretch


I no longer want to be lame about my blog. I am making a more concentrated effort to update it regularly. I don't think I can even blame it on FB; I think mostly I am tired of thinking and writing, so writing for pleasure gets set on the ol' back burner. I have a story seed, about a young man with an old man's name. I think I will break it out for Milton in a few weeks.

Big essays are due in 4 of my classes this week. Studs are freakin' the eff out. Their computers are eating documents; they aren't even bothering to show. Sometimes, they scare me. Sometimes, I wish they would come to my office hours.

What I did during office hours today:
graded 2 essays
got handouts and lesson plans made/copied/updated for class next week
ate some individually-wrapped prunes
stared at the wall
re-watched last night's episode of Glee

I am expecting a student soon. We will see.

I am going to Wagner tomorrow to lead some high school teachers in a writing workshop thingy. Two very good friends from grad school live there and have restored this beautiful old farmhouse. Maybe I will be their guest for a night. Or at least for dinner. Me and B visited them this summer, and we're overdue for another one.

This weekend is D-Days. I am thinking about fleeing town. I mentioned this to Bridge, but she is afraid that if we leave, some drunken mob will either:

a.) burn down our house
b.) move into our house
c.) drown in the birdbath













These are all legitimate concerns. So, maybe we will stay put.

I teach my last class of the week in about an hour. Then, aha, a 4-day weekend. Thank you, South Dakota, for honoring Native Americans.

Thank you, Jesus, for taking the wheel.



Thankyouthankyouthankyou.

No comments: