Today was a fine day. It started out with some old-time religion (well, not that old-time) and ended with a lovely dinner with two fab friends. Bridge and I were invited to K. and R.'s house for homemade pizza and salad. Bridge found a bottle of merlot in the trunk of her civic (ya gotta love moving), so we biked on over with that. K. has just started law school, where one of her professors counts people as absent if they leave to go to the bathroom or get a tissue. Nice, huh? R. teaches high school English over in Gayville (not even trying to be funny). It's so nice to be around good (educated) friends again. In fact, R. and I got into a spirited discussion about the "heroics" of Beowulf the other night. God, that sounds super dorky. Anywho, today was a keeper.
And tomorrow. Tomorrow may be an orange vest day. OK, so I bought this orange vest at a second hand store last February in Madison, WI. And I have not taken it off since. I frickin' love this stupid vest, more than perhaps anything else in the world. I wear it everywhere and with everything. Am I camping? I better take my vest. Ooh, it's a little chilly out. Better wear my vest. Have I woken up today? Yay! Vest time! And yet ... I am a teacher now. I should probably look the part. So far this semester, I've been all business--button-downs, pin-striped pants, skirts. But the forecast calls for rain and a temp in the low 40s tomorrow. And I really wanna wear my vest! Should I do it? Should I wear this ridiculous, orange, 2nd-hand, Sears Roebuck circa 1972 vest when I teach tomorrow?
I think I just answered my own question.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
We were happy to have you! It's nice to have some worthwhile people around. And I'm still feeling e.coli free!
Too bad Bridget doesn't like the vest as much as you do.
Yup, wear the vest...
Post a Comment