Sunday, January 21, 2007

Small Town, Saturday Night

I am not sure the amount of fun I had on Saturday is legal. It's totally immoral, that's for sure.

On Saturday night, after some so-so soup at a fundraiser for the Vermillion Area Arts Council, me and about 75 of my closest friends headed to The Eagles to dance, dance, dance all night, night, night.

First, I love the Eagles Club. These are so my people--old drunks, smoking ladies with peroxide hair, beer served in plastic cups. The Eagles Club always makes me ache for home.

Anywho, Poison Stream! was playing! Yeah, yeah. These English profs seriously rock. It is so fun to watch them and dance to them and break out some air guitar and scream along to The Cure lyrics. The floor was filled with gorgeous chicks shakin' and twirling and rockin' out. Loved it. Bridge was an exceptionally Good Sport for someone who doesn't really like to dance Every. Single. Song. (Like I do.)

I wore a sweater and muk-luks.

Was I hot?
Yes.
But ...
I was Hot.

I love this goddamn town.

This morning, we decided to be Good Catholics and hit up Mass. And, you know how we Catholics do: up/down, kneel/stand, rinse/repeat. This was not good news for my aching knees and sore feet. And, for some reason, my right shoulder hurts like a mother. Eh, what are you gonna do?

Now, though, the driveway is shoveled (and if you've talked to me at all in the past 112 hours, you have probably heard about the infamous snowblower, who did NOT show up today and ruin my shoveling plans), my application for an instructor position in Sioux Falls is complete, and my classes are ready to go for the week.

Tonight, the L Word at my friend Laura's house. I really do not think I could ask for anything more.

Rock on, baby.

2 comments:

Artichoke Heart said...

Those muk-luks were damn hot! (Also, embarrassingly, I had to put an Icy Hot thingy on the back of my stiff and painful and probably whiplashed neck last night b/c apparently it is no longer a good idea for me to fling hair around with careless abandon in the manner of my former youth.)

Lu said...

no, no! it's always a good idea to fling hair around with careless abandon. don't stop believin', artichoke heart!