It is the eve of my 26th year on God's Green Earth and I just got home from a crisp walk through the park.
25 was a good year to me. It started out a bit rough and included major surgery because of a worthless appendix that was frontin', but after that, it was all good: good friends made and kept in Madison, WI, cool kids I got to spend the school year with, a redhead and a brunette I took as my own nephew and niece, baggage gone, my sister's summer wedding, and an unexpected offer to come back to actually, kinda, somewhat, sorta start a career in Vermillion.
Where I have had The. Time. Of. My. Life.
And I owe it all to you.
(I'm always looking for someone to reenact Baby and Johnny's final dance of the season, so if you wanna do the lift, let me know. Nobody puts Baby in the corner.)
Seriously, though, there is no place I would rather be than in Vermillion, in this house, downtown, at the coffee shop, teaching, and laughing with all of you.
Thank you all for your kind wishes about my job and I hope to see you for the Bday bash at our place! 8 pm this Saturday!
(Go Kansas!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
happy post! i walked along the river yesterday and it was really really nice. we should go sometime.
No, thank YOU for being born! I am SO happy that you were!
And felicidades a ti for your renewed contract!!!! YAY!
I can't wait to celebrate with you, Lindy-poo!!!!
Smooch!
Post a Comment