Thursday, March 15, 2007

Working Girl

I received an e-mail from my chair yesterday concerning the position in Sioux Falls. Originally, the department had hoped to hire two full-time instructors for University Center, but heard recently that that can only hire one. I was up against a Polish man with many years o' experience, so they offered him the full-time position.

I had a minor heart attack when I read the first part of the e-mail.

THEN, I read the second part.

So, the chair offered me exactly what I am doing now (4 classes a semester, same pay, benefits) until May 15, 2008.

I happily accepted the position.

I don't really need to know what my life plans will be 5 years from now. Most of the time, I don't even know what I am doing tomorrow.

Now, though, my next 15 months are covered.

Very cool.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Babe! I'm SO Proud of You!!! One more year (at least) in V-town! I know it will be a good one. I Love You so much. Congratulations!

BrontoRen said...

Yes! Woo-hoo! Congratulations on the great news!

BrontoJem said...

I am so happy I think I might cry! You are my best friend!

Lu said...

you all are sooo silly!

Alex B. said...

keep on keepin' on! i think we should go out again tonight, office makes me crazy.

Artichoke Heart said...

Hoo-freaking-ray!!! That's wonderful news and I'm SO pleased!

Phil B said...

Let me just say that I can't stand the thought of working with you for the next year! I mean, really...

J/K, you know you make me smile...Congrats on the post.

nobody's starling said...

i'm doing a happy jig for you RIGHT. NOW. but you can't see it 'cause you live in the other end of town. but trust me: it's awesome. and it's for you and your new contract--

and that goat you were stuck in a well with. i hope he's doing well too with his tin cans and all.

Anonymous said...

Right on! Another year of benefits, thats hot. Keep kickin' ass!. . . I mean teaching. . .