If it were not for Poison, I am not sure how I would get through my days...
My Uncle Ben's teriyaki flavored Ready Rice is stiff as a concrete block. No amount of tender squeezing from these big hands will make my rice come undone.
I had an Uncle Ben once and he was a good, good man. He was my great uncle and we called him Bennie and when my mom met him when she was just a little girl, she thought he was a movie star. He was that handsome.
I would like to see the sun. Soon. I want browned skin and light hair and freckles and I need the sun to have all that. I love summer. If I were 15, I'd be out in the field, waiting for my dad to come around with the hopper full. Summers remind me of my little cousins. I want my aunt to send Trevor and Tucker my way for the summer and we'll do Little League and the pool and bike rides and Dairy Queen. God, that would just about be perfect.
Lately, I've been finding that I need people, that I need to be surrounded by music and friends and kids.
Right now, I would about do anything not to grade character sketches. I would straighten my desk, check my e-mail 56 more times, browse ebay, screw my office hours and run to Gordman's and Target and Zandbroz's, put lots of frivalous items, like lipstick and candles, on my credit card.
Thanks to Katy, Mama Cass is singing me a lullaby. This will not help me grade any faster, but it has put me in a sweeter mood.
And give me something to believe in,
if there's a Lord above.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
By Posion do you mean Posion stream or posion as in alcohol or posion as in your relationship with me? Come on, we are all English peeps. You're being elusive which leaves room for interpretation. I have decided that it is thanks to me that you survive because I am pretty sure that is what you meant whether you know it or not.
P-Block, set this woman straight.
You don't mean posion as in the band do you? Aren't they some 80s hair band? Was Axel Rose thier lead singer? Is Axel Rose a singer? I was born in 1984.
"Down in the basement, lock the cellar door, and Baby - talk dirty to me!"
I know what you mean, Lu. Sometimes, a gal needs a hair band!
BrontoJem, I don't ask all sorts of ridiculous questions about Jem and the Holograms, do I? No, I listen and nod respectfully.
I was born in 1981, which isn't all that far off from 1984. I've been rockin out to Poison for at least 18 years, thanks mostly to my Aunt Betsy. My sister and I would tool around with her in her little blue Honda blaring mostly The Outfield on our way to the pool, where we would slather ourselves with baby oil and iodine to get a really goood tan.
I think I'm going to recreate that this summer. Anyone gotta little blue Honda?
Yes, mahnu, sometimes a little hair band is what a girl wants, what a girl needs!
See you tonight at Slamma-Bamma!
My mom listend to Charlie Pride and the Star Wars soundtrack. And no, you do not listen and nod "respectfully" when I talk about Jem and the Holograms. You start hollering "Is there anyone else I can talk to? Anyone at all?"
Post a Comment