Cody, Wyoming.
We're in God's Country now, boy.
Today, we traveled 385 miles, and it took nine hours to do that. We started out at the fish hatchery in Spearfish, which was beautiful and fun and awesome. We took in Devil's Tower and did some light boulder climbing (ie: stepped up on boulder, took pics, then stepped off of boulder), then drove through the Big Horn Mountains and acres and acres of sagebrush.
I love the names for everything here: The Dead Swede Campsite, Buffalo Tongue, Crazy Woman Creek, Dead Horse Creek Road, Dirty Annie's Convenience Store, Powder Creek. Ranchester, the Greybull Buffaloes, Sundance.
We saw:
Moose
Deer
Marmot
Sandhill Crane
Antelope
Chipmunk
Heron
Coyote
Beefalo
Quote of the Day:
Bridget's Mom: "I'm going to look at the Wyoming Orientation map."
Me, whispering to Bridge: "Why do they need to know our orientation?"
Word I am so Freakin' Sick Of:
"Pronghorn."
It's a flippin' antelope. For the love of all that is holy, call it a goddamn antelope.
Tomorrow, Yellowstone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
I miss you guys so much already. How did I live before I met you two? What did I do with myself? My life has lost all meaning without you. Don't tell BrontoRen. Tell Bridge I miss her, too.
Some observations on your observations:
I wonder what Dirty Annie does to make life more convenient?
I have to admit, I like to say "prong" and would probably do so more often if I had a good reason.
Finally, between you and Wyoming, it ain't *your* orientation I'd be concerned about. :)
hey guys!
(i'm a little ready to come home.)
and please, sk, never say "prong" or "horn" or any combination of those words in my presence. please.
see you in a week!
Hey Marcia, I miss you too!
i had a dream that you came back through town cause you were also going to hit up Iowa. Obviously my life is boring when you're not around. When do you return?
I miss you guys! Hope you're having fun.
I saw this and thought it would be perfect for you...
http://www.bmeink.com/A70409/high/bmepb496642.jpg
Check it out...;)
dude,
your mom.
i'm on my way to the local tattoo parlor to get this inked.
Hey guys! Don't worry, I'll have her back soon!
Post a Comment