On the road to Yellowstone National Park.
We drove 447 miles today.
It took us eleven hours to do that. In those eleven hours, we saw The Corn Palace, lots of gas stations, the beautiful Chamberlain vista, cool trestle bridges, the SoDak Badlands, 64,000 prairie dogs, 37,000 antelope, and one magpie.
I learned that "West River" is one big billboard. NoDak is soooo not like that. We are quiet about our cheap jewerly and bad tourist traps.
After a round of swimming in the Holiday Inn Pool, we are all going to bed.
Quote of the Day:
"Jesus' magic made those rocks pink and green."
When I find more free wireless, I'll share more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I hope you have the time of your life. Don't you feel proud that you are from ND when you drive through West River? We're that pretty without being that crazy.
please tell West River that i miss her.
(and this girl will try not to take your WR bashings to heart, as said girl is from the Hills--although she secretly considers billboard county to be the Hills's cheap, whiskey-sluggin', trampy cousin.)
safe travels.
and if on your way home you happen to hear of a place that calls itself Wall Drug, do not stop for anything.
BJ: You're my girl, blue!
MP: WR is gorgeous. You know that. And it misses you, too. What is Wall Drug? I have heard of it before ...
Post a Comment