Monday, June 25, 2007

I Get So Emotional, Baby

OK, so I was sad for awhile. Lots of stuff is/was making me feel disappointed and down, but that feeling is lifting now. This week has started out well.

My crazy Southern aunt is coming through town today. She lives outside of Tulsa and was home in NoDak for a week. I wasn't able to go home and see her, and since Vtown is only 8 miles off 1-29, they're stopping in. I am excited for her to see my house. She is one of my favorite people. She took glamour shots in the early 1990s in case she ever goes missing. Her big-haired leather-clad glamour shot is the one she wants to give to the news. She calls us both "career women," and always tells me in her thick accent, "Lindy, you done good." When she comes home, our ritual is watching "The Golden Girls" together. She is totally Sofia.

For DWP this morning, I rewrote the classic Chicken Little story from an urban, Ebonics point of view. Yo, the sky be fallin.

I am looking forward to the Suh-Lam and the fab BrontoRen!

I'm out.

(But not down.)

3 comments:

BrontoJem said...

And you are Blanche. We all know it. Stop fighting it.

LXA said...

I'm glad you're feeling better!! :)

s.m. vanosdel said...

Slams are still slamming in verm-town eh? that is good to know. one time the prize was a super-old, sweet looking copy of On the Road and I came in second to a girl I had invited from Yankton. She didn't even know about it until a couple of days before. I would have loved it. I don't a hold grudge. Perhaps, a little one.