Monday, July 30, 2007

3 Horned Owls Singing You to Sleep

I don't think it's that I'm lonely. I just haven't spoken aloud much, and my surroundings seem bare.

I hate what they are doing to the roads right now. The streets smell like a dirty shop rag and my bike slumps into the soft shoulders.

I am sorry for all the tears you cried, but I am glad you took the kleenex I offered. Everything is good; everything is fine.

Maybe she was right. Maybe I do put too much stock in people. I throw myself in full body. I would proclaim that I am done doing that, but I tell myself I am also done announcing things.

Why must people use that damned Jurassic Park ring? I don't need this stress.

This is a weird post, I think. But I am in a weird mood, maybe.

I just
wish you would show up
on the doorstep,
but you are so far,
far away.

1 comment:

jaytothesea said...

don't be lonesome old girl! we had a fabulous lunch date :) have a great weekend...safe travels.