Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I am stealing your astericks because they work so darn well.

I just finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

I would like to talk about it. Please let me know when you would like to talk about it.

When I got the book, I also got 2 super cool Harry Potter tattoos, and I put one on my calf cuz it's totally awesome. It's fading a bit now.


**********

As many of you know, my sister is going to have a baby boy in November. I have been scouring baby clothes sections of stores. I could seriously buy this kid the world. In Target yesterday, I found two onesies that said:

"I Pulled an All-Nighter."

and

"Party at my crib. 2 am."

My little nephew's gonna be the coolest kid on the block.

**********

Bridge and I and BFF Erin went to Hairspray yesterday afternoon. I loved every second of it. I now am having 60's music dance parties all by myself. I was mashed potato-ing in the kitchen yesterday, and it's hard ya'll. I'm getting better, though.

I really want to see Transformers next. Then I will be doing the Robot! Ha! (If you haven't seen Vani's Robot Dance Off shirt yet, you're going to need to.)

**********

On my bike ride last night, I cruised downtown and some drunk girl stumbled out of Carey's, saw me, and started singing Queen: "I like to ride my bicycle, I like to ride my bike."

Then, today, I wanted to go swimming, so I biked down to the Community Pool for an hour of lap swim, and got lapped over and over again by an ancient man in flowered trunks. To my credit, though, this guy is hardcore. I've seen him lots at the Dome in the winter for lap swim. To my discredit, he is ancient. He's nice, though. He warned me of a ladder I nearly banged into.

(I cannot swim in a straight line when I am backstroking. I just can't.)

**********

I have to write a poem about limelight. I suppose I could just write about "lime" and compose an ode to tequila. Like the $50 dollar bottle some Bronto left in my freezer ....

**********

It's kinda hot in these rhinos.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I forgot to send the threadless links! Here, the links to all the shirts either Varsha or I have bought. (Disclosure: these are affiliate links, and if you buy any threadless shirt after clicking on one of them, I will receive a coupon for a future threadless purchase. This does not affect the price you pay or anything like that, though. Just thought I should declare it before trying to make you help me get more funny shirts.)

Doodle Bug - Looks very much like a red t-shirt, I think; very few comments.
Pandamonium - It amuses me, but people think you're wearing a WWF shirt.
Sexy Pack - Possibly amuses me more than it does other people; I have to wear it out more to judge.
Haikus are easy but... - Varsha's, but only because I didn't steal it from her.
Swiss Army - Also Varsha's, also funny.
Robot Dance Contest - Possibly the best threadless shirt I own. Plus, I'm moving, so if you buy it, you'll be the person in town with the Robot Dance Contest shirt instead.

To conclude! Yay Threadless!

Also, if the old swimming man speaks with a fairly strong German accent, I'm pretty sure I know who he is. He's a nice man, and a family friend, and Bridget probably took Civics from his wife in the 7th grade. :)

For backstroke, they used to tell us on swim team to watch the lines in the ceiling to stay straight. Partly, though, I think it's just that everyone has a dominant side, and it's hard to keep lined up.

BrontoJem said...

I get to borrow the book, right? Also, fine I will come by and pick up my sh*t. I love you bunches.

Kelsey said...

I am back in town, Royce and I have both finished Harry Potter, and I want to have a 60s dance party with you.