Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Two Women Waltzing

Was sick most of (early) Monday morning and all through the day. Don't feel so hot today. Yuck-o.

Then, had the pleasure of much eye-rolling by student in back. Yuck-o.

Blew my cool a little and yelled, with as much energy as my dehydrated, weakened, headached body could muster,

This isn't high school.

So, for this wunnerful, wunnerful day, a poem by Beverly Rollwagen:

Employed

She just wants to be employed
for eight hours a day. She is not
interested in a career; she wants a job
with a paycheck and free parking. She
does not want to carry a briefcase filled with important papers to read
after dinner; she does not want to return phone calls. When she gets home,
she wants to kick off her shoes and waltz around her kitchen singing, “I am
a piece of work.”



Oh, to waltz around the kitchen! Oh, to sing! Oh, to make peer review day beneficial for every single student! Oh, Walt Whitman, tell me whatcha got!

5 comments:

superbigmuch said...

You want I should break his knees? Consider it done.

By the way, eye-rolling is SO 7th grade and, well, it pretty much leads to a life stuck in middle management (if you are lucky) and/or a cul de saq.

A cul de saq.

You shall always have the last laugh.

Phil B said...

We are all destined to end up managing a Starbuck's, the closest we can get to a job with a literary sounding name. The key is to not let the pretentious biatches and bastids getcha down. Or, at least that is what I keep telling myself. I am rambling, must still be half asleep.

mully said...

i think sbm might be right. i rolled my eyes alot, all the time, and now look where i am, middle management,and i live VERY near a cul de saq... let that be a lesson to you youngsters.

Anonymous said...

Four things I like about this post:
-the use of the word "Yucko"
-the poem
-the painting
-the use of the word "Yucko"

I wish I could login to my account

Anonymous said...

I hope this works....