Wednesday, April 09, 2008

My friend Krissy

has been my friend Krissy for the past 21 years. She hates when I call her Krissy; she's all grown up now.

I probably went to Krissy's house every afternoon after school. She was a town kid, and whenever there was a game or dance or banquet going on, I'd head over to her house and we'd kill time, mostly trying on her sister's make-up and snitching her mom and dad's Benson and Hedges. As we grew up, we graduated to buying our own Marlboro's and make-up.

Krissy is funny and gorgeous and brave and takes no shit from anyone.

Krissy's dad died from stroke-related complications four years ago.

Krissy's mom died Monday after a two-year struggle with cancer.



1 comment:

superbigmuch said...

I'm sorry for Krissy's and your loss. Our friends' parents so often become like our own. It also hurts when the people we love lose the people they love.