Sunday, May 04, 2008

Directions

Last night I was eating oatmeal.

Not oatmeal mixed with hot water or anything.

Me, hunched over, eating dry oatmeal right out of the canister with two fingers and a thumb.

I apologize for that visual.

*****
Directions to cure sickness (heartsickness, head-sickness, stomach-sickness)

Turn shower on, as hot as you can stand it.

Sit down on bottom of tub, draw knees up to chest, rest head. Stay.

When the hot water has done enough, uncurl yourself to open up your heart, head, stomach again.

This is tried and true.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope it is all open again.

jaytothesea said...

Lu. you good?

cheeseburger date later this week ;) puh-leeeese?

Lu said...

JCF,

I'm good. Just been spending time at the bottom of my tub (major surgery + missing half a colon + vegetables and other roughage = I hate my stomach).

Also, cheeseburger, cheeseburger on Thursday?

Artichoke Heart said...

Is tub therapy supposed to commence before or after eating raw oatmeal out of the canister?

May you uncurl like a lovely leafy green plant in the sun!

jaytothesea said...

LU:

i have a work picnic on thursday...how about fryday?

Jennifer said...

Hugs. Hope you're feeling better!

Lu said...

AH:
Tub therapy after raw oatmeal. Is that not clear? :) Wait. Perhaps I should take raw oatmeal out of the equation ...?

JCF:
No can do Friday. I am headed for the mountains, lakes, beaches, palm trees, lemon trees, hills, and trees of NoDak.

Jen:
Thanks! I am feeling better--until I overdo it again on delicious bibb lettuce ...

suspiciously pleased said...

definately gonna try this NEXT time.