Friday, July 24, 2009

Home again

I brought home farm eggs from my time spent in North Dakota, and this morning, I whipped two up with dill fresh from my herb garden in the backyard and some feta that Bridge always makes sure we have.

Delicious. I never ate a store bought egg for the first 18 years of my life, and the first time I had one, it was disappointing.

At the farmer's market yesterday, I scored with some lettuce, zucchini, and cucumbers. I have a big bowl of fresh lettuce in the fridge with chopped dill, and life is good. Summer is good.

NoDak was nice. Aside from the tornadoes, things were relaxing. It's wonderful to be home, again, though Bridge just left for Utah so she can show everyone how revolutionary her study of plants is. I'm going to meet her out in Colorado late next week, and we are going to spend a few days in Rocky Mountain National Park. She found some great trails that I can't wait to hit. Just a few days outside with the mountains and the girl before the whirlwind rush of the school year starts again.

Last night at Eagles karaoke, we met a girl who is:
a cage fighter
a roller derby grrl
waaayyyyy too rough

Good God.

I'm off to swim now. Then to sit on the warm concrete with my latest, greatest book. I love being back home.

1 comment:

Phil B said...

Colorado National Monument is absolutely beautiful. Love it there. Then again, I love anyplace away from SD most of the time.