Friday, August 07, 2009

Rocky Mountain High

The trip to Rocky Mountain National Park was, how you say, amazing. Beautiful and clean and overwhelming and invigorating.

Our arrival to the park:




Me on the Overlook:




Maybe I am rock climbing. Maybe I am posing:



On the trail:



We hiked into Adams Falls. Absolutely gorgeous:



Bridge Meriwhether Lewis'ing it up:



After a day on the trails and driving across Trail Ridge Road, we walked around the town of Grand Island. Here, Bridge went a'huntin':



After town, we picked up some locally brewed beer and had dinner at our campsite:




The view from the opening of our tent. During the night, I got up to use the bathroom, and when I unzipped the tent door, the night sky, full of stars, was about thee inches in front of my face. Bridge is pretty sure we were in the Milky Way.



We had a visitor when we woke the next morning:




One the final shots of the Rockies:



We took the Nebraska highways home and went through all sorts if little towns. We were looking for a dive to eat at, and we found one. God Bless America:




I've got a bazillion more pictures, but I think these are the most fun. My first trip to the Rockies was one for the record books.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! Thanks for the pictures!

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous of you guys in the Rockies and seein the night sky like that. :-) d