Thursday, November 05, 2009

I Believe in Miracles


(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)

-ee cummings

Two friends I met down here in grad school a bajillion years ago (ok, like 6 years ago), just brought home the newest member of their family. After years of wanting to expand their family, they have. Adoption. What a beautiful, beautiful gift. The kid better get used to Auntie Lu.

Oh, November, why do you make us all cranky? It's been a gorgeous month so far: the temps, the sun (!), the leaves. You are not so kind in the classroom, though. You are not close enough to the adrenaline the end of the semester brings, and you are way too far away from the excitement the start of the semester has. You put me and my 78,000 students in a slump. And I like nice posture. I like to sit up straight. (I can't even see straight. Hardee har har ...)

My office is totally Deadwood'ed out. It's pretty sweet.

This weekend? No essays to grade, exams are all handed back, lesson plans are readied. Hallelujah. I'm making a trip to Wagner tomorrow, then a ladies' day down to Sioux City (the ladies being me, B, J to the C, and the Weez). And Sunday. Thank God for Sundays. Literally.

I feel like being super reckless with my credit card and the internet today ...

Lord, give me strength ...

No comments: