Monday, November 16, 2009

The Flu is for The Weak


All of a sudden, I got the chills. I like when people put "the" in front of medical conditions:

I got the diabetes!
I got the chiggers!


Back to the chills. I cannot get sick. Just can't do it. We've only 4 weeks left in the semester and I need every one of those weeks. So, I will just continue on like I am not getting sick. I will pretend my office is cold and I simply need my grandma sweater. I will soldier on. Onward Christian Soldiers! This reads like I am hallucinating, I realize, but trust me, Dear Hearts, I am not.

My sleep has been disrupted by work and social life things, and I am stressed out about nearly everything in my life, but here are some bonuses:

!BONUSES!

1. I got to snuggle that Wagner baby.

2. I am rediscovering Roxette and man oh man, do I love them, and my love for them is more easily tapped into because

3. I opened my e-mail and saw 20 bucks in iTunes love from my darling Bridge. What a lovely, lovely woman.

4. My yard is completely winterized, thanks to 4 Caliber-loads of yardstuffs taken to the recycling center.

5. Thanksgiving is next week. I will have 5 days away from the classroom and not too much grading.

6. I am very very thankful for that.

7. My wisdom teeth are no longer an issue, physically or financially.

8. Individually-wrapped prunes are on sale.

9. My car is, once again, insured for the next 6 months.

After class tonight, I am going home to a hot meal and a clean house and a pretty girl. We'll do our usual of stretching out on the couch and watching CSI: Miami.

Life is good today. Oh, life is good today.

1 comment:

suspiciously pleased said...

i love your blog so much.

'specially cause my crypto-word to comment today is "wollsies" - how awesome is that??