
My last class of the week meets in one hour. My lesson plans and handouts are all prepped and ready to go for next week, my D2L and course blogs are updated, and I'm caught up on my grading.
My car is 409'd and vacuumed. My bags are packed.
I am leaving all work-related things tucked away snug in my office until Monday.
I am headed to NoDak this weekend, specifically Fargo, more specifically, West Fargo for my new niece's baptism. My grandma, Flo, and great-aunt, Bernie, are coming up with my parents, and we'll all have blast playing Yahtzee and Catchphrase and playing around in the pool.
I need a vacation. Somewhere a tish more exotic than North Dakota, if there even is such a place. B needs one, too. Arizona is lovely ...
One of my students brought up those old make-up/accessories carriers, Caboodles, today, and the whole class went nuts (believe you me, Caboodles were actually germane to our discussion. I'm such a wacky and hip teacher!).
I am beginning to like my Tuesday classes again. Though they have drained my soul most of the semester, we've had a couple good runs. Perhaps it's because our days are numbered. And that's fine.
Tonight, I get to stay with BFFs in SuFu, then I hit the road tomorrow.
Audi 5000!


No comments:
Post a Comment