Thursday, January 04, 2007

Men in Trees

Men in cherry pickers were sawing off overhanging branches all up and down my street today. There is now wood carnage all over north Prentis, but that's OK, I guess.

The house two down from us has been inexplicably toilet-papered very recently. And I mean big-time. The culprits must have used a few packs of Charmin double rolls. It's funny to me, but probably not to the people who live there.

My Tibetan prayer flags (!) came yesterday. I strung them up ASAP. We are the only house on our block with Tibetan prayer flags--can you believe it? In fact, we may be the only house in all of Vermtown with these, but that also may be an unfair generalization.

My friend E. is coming to stay for the night and she just called me to report that she has in her possession Clamato juice and Kahlua. I've got the Miller Lite and mixing straws. I love my life.

I'm not sure about Suave's "Radiant Brunette" line of hair care.

I dusted and swept and scrubbed the whole house today! It looks shiny, happy.

My check from the SD Arts Council came in the mail today. I'm going to the bank! (shout out to Royce). This marks my first paying gig as a writer for the poetry reading I gave in November in town. I think I will start telling my friends that I don't appear anywhere anymore for free. I may get lonely.

Today was garbage day in my part of town. I always feel renewed after the men come and pick up all my extra baggage. Like I get to start over every Thursday morning.

I am up for a rousing game of "Catchphrase" tonight.

Anyone?

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

I do know of one other person in Vermillion who has Tibetan prayer flags, actually.

If you're up for Catchphrase, you'll have to come over here as a certain someone left your game at my house;)