Sunday, January 07, 2007

You Don't Have To Be a Star (Baby) To Be in My Show

I just finished this really deep examination of some feelings that have tripped me up all day, and I was going to post it, but you know what? I just thought, fuck it. I'm OK, you're OK.

God bless the child that got his own, right?

I had an awesome day today. I got to hang out at the coffee shop (and 90% of the reason I go there is to visit with the other regulars, but really 99% of the reason I go there is to just get that coffee shop smell infused into my hair and hooded sweatshirt). I also walked around town for awhile, thinking about this great girl I have who knows all my tricks--namely, angling the alarm so she doesn't see how late it is when I slip in next to her, skin cold.

Like she doesn't know, right?

Then Bridge, Katie and I played about 417 rounds of "Catchphrase" with their folks. I haven't laughed this hard in a long time--well, since the last time I played it with my G-ma and Great Aunt Bernie.

Now it's late and I have hit the jackpot. Time Life Music is promoting the new, "digitally remastered, cinema quality DVD" hits from "The Midnight Special." I am currently rocking out to "Let's Stay Together," "Surrender," "Roll with the Changes" and "You're No Good." Although I will not buy this collection (probably), I will sit here and watch this infomercial for hours.

I'm now going to stick around for more legendary performances, where maybe Bill Withers will tell me that sometimes in our lives, we all need friends. And he will let me lean on him when I am not strong. And Debbie Harry one way or another, she's gonna git me, she's gonna git me git me git me git me. And no, Elton, I don't mind.

Yahtzee, baby.

No comments: