Have nothing to do with this blog, except I saw it advertised at The Tyson Events Center in Sioux City. And, also, my folks used to take us to Monster Truck shows in Bismarck. Pretty sure I was sportin' my spike at that time. (I took being a tomboy to the Xtreme).
Here's another billboard I saw on the way to Sioux City:
"Over 250 Loose Slots.
(You're Bound to Get Lucky.)"
Am I taking this the wrong way, or is this about the dirtiest thing you've ever read on a highway sign?
Hmmm ...
Yeah, we soujourned to Sioux City on Saturday to do some shopping. Bridget was deadset on buying a vaccuum and I just want a freakin' pair of new jeans, for God's sake. Is that too much to ask? Hey, did you know it is now swimsuit season?
Swimsuits?? WTF, mate?
Grrr ... The only pair of jeans I like and that apparently fit me are Old Navy bootcut jeans. But, only the light wash. The medium wash fits weird, and the dark wash even weirder. How is this possible? Whatev. I'll just wear the pair I have until they are threadbare, I guess.
Awesome Things I Enjoyed This Weekend:
*Impromptu dance party with Annie and Marcia after Grey's Anatomy on Thursday. It just feels so empty Without Me.
*Watching Katy belittle ugly boy at Carey's with zero manners and even worse social skills.
*Hanging out at the Coffee Shop with Mary, Al, and Katy for 59 hours.
*Getting a haircut. But only a trim. I'm now growing it out. Until I change my mind in about 47 seconds.
After Bridge and I got back from Sioux City, Sara K came over to peddle a Mandolin on our doorstep. She wanted to sell hers, and if it has strings and makes noise, chances are, Bridget will buy it. She looked at the chords for mandolin for about .09 seconds and now she knows how to play the mandolin.
I'm still struggling with cursive G's.
Also (and this will blow your mind), we rented Snakes on a Plane. Fuck yeah, man.
Here are Things You Will Definitely Say When You See Snakes on a Plane:
"Don’t you cry, Samuel L. Jackson."
"Stupid dumb fire-eating snakes."
"The snake ate his head. The snake ate his head!
"That one doesn’t have teeth in real life."
"Ooh, a sidewinder."
"Is that a harpoon gun?"
"This movie is really about racial brotherhood."
"The sequel tagline: We gotta get these motherfuckin snakes outta this motherfuckin warehouse in the desert."
"This is ridiculous."
"He had a knife the whole time?"
"You don’t have no friend names polio."
"We gotta get these motherfuckin sharks outta the motherfuckin ocean."
"Isn’t it cool how the snakes only killed the fat, ugly, annoying, bad people and saved all the pretties?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
I hate to admit it, but I rented this movie as well and have to say, many of the comments you made were made during my own watching. I think it is the English geek in me, but I can't help but to analyze every film either in terms of the Freudian overtones or the racial aspects. Odd. "We gotta get these mutha-fuckin' snakes off'n this mutha-fuckin' plane." Call me goob and send me on my way.
I just told Marica I wanted to read Blindy's Log.
Hilarious post!
my friend was a stewardess from that movie for halloween, interesting costume. i vote lunch at viejo this week, or chae's if you're feeling saucy. you in?
Annie failed to mention this but her and I have decided to become blog whores which means we are going to strive to be in everyone else's blog instead of just breaking down and having our own.
The plan is going perfectly.
Berke,
I'm totally in. But can only do it Thursday or Friday. Hmmm...it has been awhile since I've been to Chae's, but I love the chicken taco salad at viejo so much I can barely deal.
You decide!
Blindy! You are freaking hilarious! And may I also add that I am now inconsolably devastated to have missed out on Katy belittling ugly boy w/even worse social skills at Carey's?!?! Desolate, I tell you!
pblock--you goob! we should have bad movie nights!
annie&marcia--your plan is going perfectly. nice work, you space invaders. what's that called, when you mix up the first letters like that? a spoonerism? (i'm digging deep now, kids)
What can I say, dear Heart? You should've been there...but, chances are, you will get to see Katy belittle many an ugly, no manners boy at any of the bars!
Post a Comment