Sunday, February 11, 2007

The Secret Lives of Catholic Girls

We (and you know who you are) are rockstars.

Oy.

I may have overdone it last night, as I am only right now starting to feel like a normal human being, but it was totally worth it. Totally. Drinking, singing, coveted dance moves, laughing, hair and hands and laughing bursts and open-mouthed smiles. These women I know are too much fun.

I love Saturday nights in small towns.

A recap, in list form:

People Who Call Me Sir:
3 year old boys
Wal-Mart greeters

My So-Called Life, or What We Talked About, The High School Edition:
*Prom
*Yearbooks
*Senior Pictures (because these are things we do; we lean against trees, we gaze contemplatively, we lie in leaves)
*Sisters Judith Ann and Ruth Ann
*Lesbians. Gross!

Shots We Slugged:
*Southern Peaches
*Slippery Nipples
*Viagra

Songs Sang at Karaoke:
*No Scrubs
*Walk Like an Egyptian
*Creep
*Only the Good Die Young
*Mercedes Benz

"Out of Context Theatre:"
"You could eat peanut butter out of her dimples."
"That is that dude's brother."
"It's time for vodka."
"I'll give you the ass, but inner thigh massage? C'mon now."
"Oh my god, put your arm around me. NOW. Pretend I'm your girlfriend."
"Oh no ... I made eye contact."

Times I Threw Up Once Home:
*Once.
*Wait, wait. Fuck.
*Twice.
*I am embarassed.

How I Felt at Mass This Morning:
*Sinful
*Ashamed
*Hungry
*Annoyed by Sister Susan, the guest speaker
*Shaky
*Excited about hymn choices
*A little turned on. I'm not gonna lie.

3 comments:

Artichoke Heart said...

Total. Freaking. Rockstars. (Although how come everyone kept saying that my karaoke song should be Hall & Oates' "Maneater"? For the record, the original song suggestion in question was Heart's "Barracuda" which, well, okay . . . isn't really all that much better. Are you perhaps trying to tell me something? Huh? If so, you (and you all know who you are) are exceedingly rude and you can all just bite me! (Hee. Or maybe I'll bite you! Or lick peanut butter out of your dimples. Or something equally inappropriate.))

Lu said...

"Ooh, she's a maneater. Watch out boys, she'll chew you up."

I call 'em like I see 'em.

(are you mad at me? don't be mad at me!)

Artichoke Heart said...

Lindy evil!! (But yeah, whatever, I'm not mad.)