After a helluva day yesterday (two 3-hour classes, 5 conferences with students, and an observation by my Boss Lady), today was a Good Day.
The radio on the drive today was good to me. Here's a guessing game:
How Many of the Following Lyrics are from Country Songs?
"Your love ain't just the hot sauce, it's the whole enchilada."
"The weekend's here and it's paycheck Friday, people, let's get drunk and be somebody!"
"And I'll hang around as long as you let me ... and I don't mind standing in the rain."
Answer: C'mon now. You know the answer.
So, the Utility Bill came today? And, it was, like, almost a hunnert dollars? And I was like, ouch, muthafuckas? So, now I am sitting in my 64 degree living room to combat big bills. I am 2 seconds from buckling. Must ... have ... 68 ... degrees ...
I'm the littlest bit drunk because it's Tuesday. And on Tuesdays, me, Bridge, Annie, & Marcia head to Pro's for delicious Coyote Chips. Since we meet all the other Senior Citizens for the Early Bird Special, tap beers are a buck. Hellz to the yeah. Over dinner, we found out that Microsoft Sam does not recognize Missy Elliot's "cho-cha."
Go figure.
Tomorrow begins Phase One of my interview process for the SuFu position. I am meeting with EH for a chat. Well, EH keeps calling it a chat and CE keeps calling it an interview. I think I will call it, "please stop because my tiny veins can't take this extreme nervousness anymore." Marcia says I need to dress up (the iron is heating up), and Annie says I should show up drunk. Thanks a lot, Annie.
And, I don't wanna brag or anything, but I have a state fleet in my driveway (a Taurus, that's right), so if anyone wants to go cruise Main, let me know.
And you don't have to call me darlin', Darlin'. You never even call me by my name.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Ah, George, I love you, you crooning alky.
SNOW DAZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advice re: "interchat":
1. Per Marcia's suggestion, DO dress up. DO NOT, however, dress up in a ballgown, baseball uniform, or like a minstrel. Look, I KNOW you were probably thinking about wearing at least one of the above.
2. Per Annie's advice, DO NOT come drunk. DO, however, have just one glass of wine to calm your nerves prior to the interchat. ONE VERY LARGE GLASS OF WINE.
"Schoolz out. For. Spring Break!"
Here is the deal. If you are charging $5 for people to throw my comp off a roof I get at least %50 of the profits. And of course profits only count once we make up the $1300 my computer costs. So basically, NO!
Post a Comment