So, no dancing. Instead, here are some things I did yesterday that are much better than wallowing in self-pity:
1. Bought citrus scented shampoo at Pamida. It's infused with Vitamin C and, at least for 15 minutes in the shower, it feels like sunshine.
2. Bought super stuffed microfiber bed pillows at Pamida. Why haven't I done this sooner?
3. Bought new, bronze-y clock at Pamida for the bathroom.
4. Spent $44 at Pamida. Hell has indeed frozen over.
5. Bought chocolate licorice.
6. Bought dollar scratch-off tickets in the hopes that I can quit working and live the high roller life.
7. Won three bucks from scratch-off tickets. Not living like a high roller yet, but the winds of change are a'blowin'.
8. Watched Berkowitz lose it in the candy aisle at Jones. (And by "lose it," I mean, watching her tear the wrapping off a Peeps package (before actually purchasing the Peeps) and devour an entire row of helpless, sugary baby chicks in minutes.)
9. Rented Walk the Line again. I have fantasies of singing, "It Ain't Me, Babe" to an adoring crowd during karaoke at The Eagles. I bet Kelsey would be my June Carter.
10. Ventured downtown.
11. Drank glasses of Leinie's and Boulevard while getting my ass kicked in pool.
12. Honed my air guitar skillz.
13. Ate potato soup, complete with a Mr. Smith's baguette.
14. Decided that, for sure, I am going to write a memoir and the first word will be "scoria."
15. Worried for a few seconds that this pattern of blowing money at the first sign of potential boredom is my Achilles' heel.
16. Then realized I Did. Not. Care.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I have been so all about the wallowing these past two days. Wallow, wallow, wallow. Wallowing and sleeping. Dropping wads-o-cash at the Pamida frankly sounds more fun than all the wallowing and the sleeping!
oh my, you called it "the Pamida." that's so cute! (again, please don't hate me; i just cannot help these sarcastic comments.)
in between spending $$ like i have it, there has been much wallowing. Not too much sleeping because it's sooo freakin' bright!
via all your cartoony escapdes lately, bridget created a simpson's cartoon of you, but couldn't get it to send--she tried all afternoon.
see you at viejo for Katy's bday bash?
I'll definitely be at the Katy b-day bash. And wha . . . ? Have I failed yet another local/regional (loco-irrational) litmus test re: THE Pamida? Damn! I'll never fit in!
I'm so said to miss out on my Simpson's alter ego, btw.
And finally, are you hanging in there okay what with the Interviewus Interruptus and all?
(Bleh. Can't freaking type.)
no, no! you fit in perfectly by calling it "the Pamida." You're a total Dakotan now. (Do you read billboards on the highway aloud? I think that is maybe the final test of true Dakotanhood.)
yeah, it just sucks about the interview--i wanted it done and over with, and now it's just kinda hanging over my head. stupid fake (but ok, yeah dangerous) blizzard.
Post a Comment