The Bunkhouse. When I was in college & brought my friends home, I would pull up to the bunkhouse & say, "Well, this is it!"
My damn dog, Rufus, & my little cousin Tucker. A few days before we all got home, Rufus decided to play with some dead carp he found in the crick. Rufus did NOT smell good. We kept our distance and Rufus was so sad. But, as my mom said, "Rufus made his choices." "What are choices?" Rufus would probably ask. Still, Tuck & I took our chances.
Hee. "Rufus made his choices." That's hilarious and kind of profound. I think I'm going to use that from now on as a catch-all phrase for bad judgment, accompanied by a rhetorical talk-to-the-hand gesture. (i.e.,, "Dude. Don't even. Rufus made his choices.")
4 comments:
the crick has water in it! lunch?
Are you SURE that is your family?
They look so well-adjusted and normal.
Well, I guess it's a firm argument against genetic predeterminism.
Pssst...ask Bridgie to 'splain what juh-net-ic dee-term-in-ism is...
Wow! What a snot am I!!!
Hee. "Rufus made his choices." That's hilarious and kind of profound. I think I'm going to use that from now on as a catch-all phrase for bad judgment, accompanied by a rhetorical talk-to-the-hand gesture. (i.e.,, "Dude. Don't even. Rufus made his choices.")
What great pictures!
...and just beyond the creek cleverly hidden among the trees, the elusive Jen Kuntz stalks her prey...
Post a Comment