Saturday evening, we dragged out the lawn darts, or as us old-timers call them, Jarts! We were all a little rusty, and realized why, indeed, lawn darts are banned in the US.
My Mom tossing some Jarts:
My brother and brother-in-law conferring on a throw:
We all played a few games, getting warmed up for the big tourney. My pre-season was poor.
My sister beat me at Jarts:
My dad beat me at Jarts:

Charlie Brown did not beat me at Jarts because he was too busy with his rawhide:
So, in the Jart tournament, I was the #7 seed. There were only 7 people playing. I had to beat my bro-in-law, which I handily did. Then I faced my dad. We went back in forth and I ended up beating him 30-28. Sucka! And, for all the glory, I met up with my sister for the second year in a row. Last year, we met in the championship round at the Lake Ashta Beulah tourney, and she beat me. I was hungry for a win.
I smoked her:

The #7 seed took all, fools:

And then on Sunday, we spent all day the Fargo Airsho. It was one hundred freakin' degrees. Hey, freedom isn't free, right?
The Blue Angels:


1 comment:
L: I love her North Dakota pictures!
:)
Post a Comment