It's the last day of DWP this week and I am wearing a t-shirt that is probably too tight for me.
Last evening on my bike ride, there was this dude coming towards me. We were both coming up on oppostite sides of a high spot, but he was really pumping away. I thought, "that's weird. I must be getting in better shape because I don't have to stand and pedal to get up over this." Then when we both reached the crest, I saw his bike. It was the smallest bike I had ever seen. Seriously, it was probably a foot and a half off the ground. When he saw me staring at him, he jumped (more like stepped) off his ride and just walked it for awhile. He had to bend at the waist to walk it. And he wasn't even a CPJ kid, I don't think.
So, I get down a block further and this cute kid, probably about 10, asks me, "Hey, did you see that guy on that bike?"
"That little one? Yeah. He a friend of yours?"
"Nah. That's just a little bike. A mini-bike."
"Totally."
Then we both continued on our rides.
I am going away this weekend to see some military hijinks. Well, actually, my Moms and Pops are crossing NoDak, and I am crossing SoDak to all meet in Fargo (where brother and sister are) for a Father's Day extravaganza! We're going to watch a Navy aerial squad make their jets do awesomely patriotics things. I haven't seen everyone for a couple months, so it will be good. Bridge is going to Madtown. I will probably miss her.
Have to go.
Bye bye please.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
totally not even a cpj kid. good lord you kill me. have a great weekend.
M. witnessed a hive of CPJ kids who live across from J. the other night when he and J. were playing geetar together.
They were playing hacky sack. Am I so old that that has come into fashion again? Hacky sack.
Cuidado at the air show. There have been too many Blue Angels accidents recently.
I brought a hacky sack to the Poison Stream show, but I didn't break it out because I thought people would laugh at me. You know how fragile I can be...
remember, our blogs will always be linked!
the thing about bikes- they are awesome! i am so happy to know that people ride them in so. dak. do me a favor: go ride around yankton in a tight shirt and give the locals hell by running lights and out running the f-450's.
Post a Comment