Thursday, June 21, 2007

How I Talk to the Girls

Dear Bridget,

Why do we have four toothburshes in the toothbrush holder? Only one is mine. Or, maybe what I'm really asking is: why do you own three toothbrushes?

Yours,



****************************

Dear Klondike Katie,

I am terrible. I loved the Johnny Cash e-mail you sent me, and meant to write back right away. That was probably two weeks ago, yeah? Anyways, how are you doing? Are you back from the field? I think maybe you are back in Fairbanks. I give my DWP demo today (it's still June, sweetie, sorry) and am nervous. I am going to tell everyone to play solitaire during mine. Then, tu madre is taking me and Bridge out to lunch at Viejo! Maybe I'll order a margarita. Or maybe I can get your mom to take tequila shots with me.

I mowed last night because I am obsessed with the lawn, as I am sure Bridge told you. We sure could use some rain--that shrub rose is looking pretty sorry. Max, the neighbor, says not to worry. Sure, he's got county-fair winning roses. I've got dead, burnt leaves.

Happy first day of summer! It's 90 here today. Now the days get shorter. My dad says, "it'll be winter before we know it." Thanks a lot, Mike.

So, have you two decided on Bela Fleck or the Indigo Girls? I would go with Amy and what's-her-name. Seriously, you are gonna need to hit that up. Like shooting fish in a barrel, kid.

Bridget got me a funny shirt at Old Navy, but she didn't quite get the message. Did she tell you about it? It has to do with a mountain lion ...

Anyways, sorry that I am so lame; I'll be better. Promise.
Hope you are doing well. Soon, you will bombarded with family, won't you? Oy.

Love ya, Kate!

6 comments:

BrontoJem said...

At home (in NoDak) we have a lot of toothbrushes too. I get worried that they might be ones I scrubbed something gross with so I do not use them unless I know exactly where they came from and how long I have had them.

We have one toothbrush at Grandmas's that all the kids use when we forget ours. We all pretend we are the only one who actually uses it, but we also know the truth.

Anonymous said...

So 2 of the toothbrushes are mine. IF you loved me you wouldn't care. =) Your toothbrush barely fits in the holder anyway. The other one is EP's. Since it is probably long forgotten I will throw it away.

Additionaly, I feel like we could've eliminated the computer from this conversation.

Lu said...

ok, so why do you have 2 toothbrushes?

also, i'm a blogger, baby. this is how i communicate. IF you loved me, you would accept this.

:)

LXA said...

Communication is good! And I supposed you're not doing too bad if the extent of your irritating is the overflow of B's toothbrushes.

And at least your other half responds and comments on your blog, Lu! It took mine long enough to even bookmark my blog!

:P

superbigmuch said...

1. I suffer the same toothbrush anxiety as brontojem -- an unidentified toothbrush also carries among its bristles the possibility that I used it to scrub something ocky. I throw them away.

2. I am so glad you did not die at the Blue Angels show.

3. Your mom and dad are adorable.

4. I hope that when I am the age of your mother and father, no one refers to me as "adorable."

Anonymous said...

Hey Lu

Good to hear from you! I am back in Fairbanks where, for those who sleep, the sun never sets. How was your demo thing? Did you get my mom to take tequila shots? Doubt it.

I’m sure your lawn is lovely (as per your other post,) don’t sweat the neighbors. “Winter before we know it”!???? I don’t want to hear that, if he wasn’t your dad why I’d…..

The concert situation is still a little up in the air. We already have tickets for Bela Fleck, and the X already has an Indigo ticket…see my dilemma? Not sure I want to be in a barrel with my X.

Family, its like their already on their way, that’s how soon they’ll be here. Still don’t know what I’m gonna do with them. We’ll figure it out, right?

Heres to talking more, Love you too
-Klondike Kate